Welcome to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Department of Anaesthetics
In our brand new 20-room operating theatre suite, over 20,000 patients each year receive safe, careful, state of the art anaesthesia care from an expert anaesthesia team. We also provide:
- Pre-admission medical evaluation by specialist anaesthetists in preparation for your anaesthetic.
- A dedicated 24-hour on-site medical obstetric anaesthesia service.
- Specialised anaesthesia care for advanced radiology and radiotherapy procedures.
- High-quality anaesthetic equipment and monitoring for every anaesthetic.
- Specialised lung, heart, brain, flluid balance and nerve monitoring, where indicated.
- Specialist peri-operative pain relief services, including daily followup by an anaesthetist where indicated, to provide the best possible pain control after major surgery.
- Protocols to effectively manage post-operative nausea and vomiting, should it occur.
- Regular teaching and training activities, active peer review and effective internal QA processes.
- Anaesthesia education for the University of Sydney's medical students and teaching for junior doctors and trainee anaesthetists from RPAH. We regularly provide educational experiences, both short and long-term, for anaesthetists from developing nations.
For more information about our anaesthetic services, phone (02) 9515 8564 in business hours or use this form to send us an e-mail.