Neurosciences, Bone Joint & Connective Tissue, Rheumatology, Plastics & Trauma Surgery, Cardiovascular
Development of research protocols for two new nursing studies: Impact of radical External Ventricular Drain policy change on 1) rates of ventriculitis and 2) nursing skills and confidence.
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
RPA Cardiothoracic Surgery
Phenomenological exploration of the experience of major amputation in patients with peripheral vascular disease.
Pain Management Centre RPAH
Prevalence of Biochemical Abnormalities in Chronic Pain Patients.
- RPA Neurosciences: Involvement in multiple new clinical trials (USyd & ACU).
- Pain Management Centre RPAH: Results from 105 patients tested identified five biochemical markers where patients had values significantly below population norms including Vitamin D, Testosterone, Vitamin B12, Iron and Thyroid hormone in both men and women. We have begun to treat these patients and the study is ongoing.
- CRGH Vascular: Di Fibro Wound Research Grant $1500 ANZ Society for Vascular Nurses
- Jane Raftesath CNC
- Marie Goodwin RN
- Patrick Tang Data Manager
- Mary Lordan
- Kylie Tastula
Pain Management Centre RPAH:
Higher Degree Students:
- A/Prof A Aggarwal - Medical
- Dr S Gibson - Medical
- Ms A Helou - NURSING
- Dr E Kilburn -Watt - Research Scientist
- Sue Monaro, Enrolled in PhD, Sydney Nursing School
Publications and Presentations
- Monaro, S., White, M. West, S. (2015) A community of practice as a model of nurse-led wound prevention and management. Wound Practice & Research (23(4).
- K Tastula 'Smart Strokes 2014'Asia Pacitfic Stroke Congress.
- K Tastula ' Acute management of head injury' National Nurse Practitioner Conference.
- Oral presentation, ANZ Society for Vascular Nursing, Adelaide.
- Oral presentation, NSW Society for Vascular Nursing, Sydney.
||YEARS total $$
|ANZ Society for Vascular Nurses
||Di Fibro Wound Research Grant
Contact: Mr Jerry Sullivan
Contact details for department
Department/Unit: Neurosciences, Bone Joint & Connective Tissue, Rheumatology, Plastics & Trauma Surgery, Cardiovascular
Sydney Local Health District