AW Gastroenterology and Liver Centre
- The role of EMMPRIN in liver fibrogenesis
- Stem cell contribution to liver injury and cancer
- Liver Gene signatures in HCV infection
- Role of Oligopeptidase gene family in liver disease
- Role of Hedgehog pathway in liver injury
- Role of miRNAs as therapy in HCC
- Mechanisms of Liver Transplant Tolerance
- Development of serum FAP as a biomarker in NFALD
- Development of EMMPRIN as a serum biomarker in advanced HCC
- Indentification of liver genomic signatures in cirrhosis and HCC development
- Identification and characterization of serum microparticles in cirrhosis and HCC
- Identification of a unique subset of liver macrophages
- Role of Sphingo- kinase in NFALD and HCC development
- The identification of new substrates fot the enzymes DPP9 AND FAP
- Role of DP9 in cellular migration
- Analysis of HCC in patients without Viral hepatitis
- Analysis of Treatment outcomes in Chronic HBV , HCV, Liver Transplantation and HCC via Clinical Trials
- Analysis of Nutrition in advanced Liver disease
- Analysis of Hepatic Encephalopathy in Advanced Liver Disease
- Quality of Life assessment in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Role of Capsule Endoscopy in the Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal disorders
- Effect of double balloon enteroscopy based interventions on small bowel bleeding
- Role of Pancreatico-biliary endoscopy involving ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) in diagnosis and treatment of biliary and upper gastrointestinal diseases and biopsy of lesions using EUS.
- Novel approaches in Colonoscopy re polyp detection and characterization
- Novel approaches to the treatment of biliary disease post liver transplantation
- Quantitation and identification of Denovo cancer rates post liver transplantation
- The role of fraility and sarcopeneia in human liver disease outcomes
- Development of new techniques to predict colonic polyp histology
- Development of new guidelines for the management of hepatitis B in pregnancy
- Participation of international clinical trials in the treatment of Chronic HCV and HBV infection
- Development of Australian guidelines for the treatment of HCV
- The use of new therapies and surgery in outcomes in Chron's disease
- Measurement of fecal calprotectin for the detection of recurrence of Crohn's disease
- A randomized, double-blind, controlled evaluation of tenofovir DF versus adefovir dipivoxil for the treatment of presumed pre-core mutant chronic hepatitis B
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Evaluation of Tenofovir DF versus Adefovir Dipivoxil for the Treatment of HBeAg Positive Chronic Hepatitis B
- A long-term monitoring study to evaluate the persistence of direct acting antiviral (DAA) treatment-resistant mutations or the durability of sustained virological response (SVR) in patients treated with DAA-containing regimens for chronic hepatitis C infection (CHC)
- A Long Term Follow-up Registry for Subjects Who Achieve a Sustained Virologic Response to Treatment in Gilead-Sponsored Trials in Subjects with Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- A Long Term Follow-up Registry for Subjects Who Did Not Achieve a Sustained Virologic Response to Treatment in Gilead-Sponsored Trials in Subjects with Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- A Phase 4, Randomized, Open-label, Active-Controlled, Superiority Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) in Combination with Peginterferon α-2a (Pegasys®) versus Standard of Care Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Monotherapy or Peginterferon α-2a Monotherapy for 48 Weeks in Non-Cirrhotic Subjects with HBeAg-Positive or HBeAg-Negative Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB)
- A Multi-Center, Open-Label Study Of Cp-690,550 In Subjects With Moderate To Severe Ulcerative Colitis
- A long term follow up study of subjects who participated in a clinical trial in which Asunaprevir (BMS-650032) and/or Daclatasvir (BMS-790052) was administered for the treatment of chronic Hepatitis C
- A Phase 3, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial and Long Term Safety Extension of Obeticholic Acid in Patients with Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- A Phase 2 Multicenter, Open-Label, Randomized Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of GS-7977 and Ribavirin Administered for 48 Weeks in Patients Infected with Chronic HCV with Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension without or without Liver Decompensation
- A Randomized, Open-Label, Multicenter, Controlled Study to Assess Safety and Efficacy of ELAD in Subjects with Alcohol-Induced Liver Decompensation (AILD)
- A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter phase III study of regorafenib in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) after sorafenib
- A phase 3, randomised, double-blind study of Tivantinib (ARQ 197) in subjects with met diagnostic-high inoperable Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) treated with one prior systemic therapy
- A Phase II Randomized Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of the Combination Regimen of MK-5172 and MK-8742 +/-Ribavirin (RBV) in Subjects with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection
- A Phase 2, Multicenter, Open-Label Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of Sofosbuvir/Ledipasvir Fixed-Dose Combination + Ribavirin Administered in Subjects Infected with Chronic HCV who have Advanced Liver Disease or are Post-Liver Transplant
- A Phase 3B Randomized, Open-Label, Multi-Center Trial Assessing Sofosbuvir + Ribavirin for 16 or 24 Weeks and Sofosbuvir + Pegylated Interferon + Ribavirin for 12 Weeks in Subjects with Genotype 2 or 3 Chronic HCV Infection
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Tenofovir Alafenamide (TAF) 25 mg QD versus Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) 300 mg QD for the Treatment of HBeAg Positive, Chronic Hepatitis B
- A Randomized, Global, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel-group Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Once-daily Oral Avatrombopag for the Treatment of Adults with Thrombocytopenia Associated with Liver Disease Prior to an Elective Procedure
- Open-label, Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of the Combination of ABT-450/ritonavir/ABT-267 (ABT-450/r/ABT-267) and ABT-333 With or Without Ribavirin (RBV) in Adult Liver Transplant Recipients with Genotype 1 .Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection A Phase II/III
- Randomized Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of the Combination Regimen of MK-5172 and MK-8742 in Subjects with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection and Chronic Kidney Disease
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-blind, Controlled Study of Cabozantinib (XL184) vs Placebo in Subjects with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Who Have Received Prior Sorafenib
- An Open-Label, Multicenter Study To Evaluate The Efficacy And Safety Of Sofosbuvir/Ledipasvir Fixed-Dose Combination ± Ribavirin For 12 or 24 Weeks In Chronic Genotype 1 HCV Infected Subjects Who Participated In A Prior Gilead-Sponsored HCV Treatment Study
- A Phase 2, Multi-Center Study To Evaluate Three Doses Of NGM282 Administered For 24 Weeks In Patients With Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) Who Have Completed Study 13-0103
- A Phase III Double Blind Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of the Combination Regimen of MK-5172 and MK-8742 in Treatment-Naïve Subjects with Chronic HCV GT1, GT4 and GT6 Infection with Inherited Blood Disorders with and without HIV Co-Infection
- A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Sofosbuvir/GS-5816 Fixed Dose Combination for 12 Weeks with Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin for 24 Weeks in Subjects with Chronic Genotype 3 HCV Infection
- A Phase 3b, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study Evaluating the Effect of Obeticholic Acid on Clinical Outcomes in Subjects with Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- A Phase IIB-III, open-label, randomized, comparative study to assess the efficacy of ABX203 to maintain control of Hepatitis B disease after cessation of treatment with nucleos(t)ide analogs in adult HBeAg negative patients with chronic Hepatitis B in the Asia Pacific region
- A Randomized, Open-Label, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of Co-Administration of ABT-493 and ABT-530 With and Without RBV in Subjects With Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotypes 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 Infection (SURVEYOR-II)
- A Phase 2, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group, Multiple Center Study To Evaluate The Safety, Tolerability, And Efficacy Of Ngm282 Administered For 12 Weeks In Patients With Histologically Confirmed Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Prospective Real World Outcomes Study of Hepatic Encephalopathy Patients' Experience on Rifaximin 550mg
- A Long-Term Follow-up Study to Evaluate the Durability of Virologic Response and/or Viral Resistance Patterns of Subjects With Chronic Hepatitis C Who Have Been Previously Treated with MK-5172 in a Prior Clinical Trial
- A Registry for Subjects with Cirrhosis Who Achieve a Sustained Virologic Response Following Treatment with a Sofosbuvir-Based Regimen without Interferon for Chronic Hepatitis C Infection in Gilead-Sponsored Trials
- A Long Term Follow-up Registry of Subjects Treated in A Gilead-Sponsored Trial in Subjects with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection New 2016 studies
- A Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Long-Term, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of Obeticholic Acid in Subjects with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (REGENERATE)
- A Randomized, Open-Label, Active-Controlled, Multicenter Study to Compare Efficacy and Safety of ABT-493/ABT-530 to Sofosbuvir Co-Administered with Daclatasvir in Adults with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 3 Infection (ENDURANCE-3)
- A Randomized, Multi-center Phase III Study of Nivolumab versus Sorafenib as First-Line Treatment in Patients with Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- A Multicenter, Open-Label Study to Evaluate ARC-520 Administered Alone and in Combination with Other Therapeutics in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Infection (MONARCH)
- A Phase 3, Global, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir/GS-9857 Fixed-Dose Combination for 8 Weeks Compared to Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir for 12 Weeks in Direct-Acting Antiviral-Naïve Subjects with Chronic HCV Infection (POLARIS 2)
- A Phase 3, Global, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir/GS-9857 Fixed-Dose Combination for 8 Weeks and Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir for 12 Weeks in Subjects with Chronic Genotype 3 HCV Infection and Cirrhosis
- A Phase 3, Global, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir/GS 9857 Fixed-Dose Combination for 12 Weeks and Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir for 12 Weeks in Direct-Acting Antiviral-Experienced Subjects with Chronic HCV Infection who Have Not Received an NS5A Inhibitor A Phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of oral RPC1063 as induction and maintenance therapy for moderate to severe ulcerative colitis
- A Phase 3, Global, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir/GS-9857 Fixed-Dose Combination for 12 Weeks in Direct-Acting Antiviral-Experienced Subjects with Chronic HCV Infection (POLARIS 1)
- A Single-Arm, Open-Label, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of ABT-493/ABT-530 in Adult Post-Liver or Post-Renal Transplant Recipients with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 1 - 6 Infection (MAGELLAN-2)
- A Phase II Study of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) as Monotherapy in Subjects with Hepatocellular Carcinoma who Progressed on or were Intolerant to First Line Systemic Therapy.
- A Phase III Study of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) vs. Best Supportive Care as Second-Line Therapy in Subjects with Previously Systemically Treated Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma (KEYNOTE-240)
- A Phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study to investigate the efficacy and safety of mongersen (GED-0301) for the treatment of subjects with active Crohn's disease
- A Phase 3, long-term active treatment extension study of mongersen (GED-0301) in subjects with Crohn's disease
- A Phase 3 Randomized, Open-Label study comparing Pexa-Vec (Vaccinia GM-CSF/Thymidine Kinase-Deactivated Virus) followed by sorafenib versus sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) without prior systemic therapy
- A Phase 3, Multicenter, Open-Label Extension Trial of Oral RPC1063 as Therapy for Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis
- HCV Clinical trial participation
- Prof Geoff McCaughan
- A/Prof Simone Strasser
- A/Prof David Koorey
- A/Prof Nick Shackel
- Dr David Bowen
- Dr Emilia Prakoso
- Dr Peter Lim
- Dr Robert Cheng
- Dr Mathew Keegan
- Dr Ria Kanazaki
- Dr Ken Liu
- Dr Waled Mohsen
- Ms Janice Pritchard-Jones
- Ms Barbara Charlton
- Ms Elizabeth Glynn
- Ms Susan Hoy
- Ms Magda Gawrys
- Ms Margaret Fitzgerald
- Ms Helen Colinet
- Ms Susan Mason
- Ms Sinead Sheils
- Ms Julia Dobinson
Clinical trial coordinators:
Higher Degree Students:
- Ms Bramilla Grantham
- Ms Aimei Lee
- Dr Garry Chang
- Dr Tatiana Tsoutsman
Publications and Presentations
- Kaffes AJ. Management of benign biliary strictures: current status and perspective. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2015 Sep;22(9):657-63.
- Kuruvilla N, Paramsothy R, Gill R, Selby WS, Remedios ML, Kaffes AJ. A prospective dual-center proof-of-principle study evaluating the incremental benefit of narrow-band imaging with a fixed zoom function in real-time prediction of polyp histology. Can we resect and discard? Gastrointest Endosc. 2015 Aug;82(2):362-9
- Cellich PP, Crawford M, Kaffes AJ, Sandroussi C. Portal biliopathy: multidisciplinary management and outcomes of treatment. ANZ J Surg. 2015 Jul-Aug;85(7-8):561-6.
- Visvanathan K, Dusheiko G, Giles M, Wong ML, Phung N, Walker S, Le S, Lim SG, Gane E, Ngu M, Hardikar W, Cowie B, Bowden S, Strasser S, Levy M, Sasaduesz J. Managing HBV in pregnancy. Prevention, prophylaxis, treatment and follow-up: position paper produced by Australian, UK and New Zealand key opinion leaders. Gut. 2016 Feb;65(2):340-50. Epub 2015 Oct 15.
- Marcellin P, Ahn SH, Ma X, Caruntu FA, Tak WY, Elkashab M, Chuang WL, Lim SG, Tabak F, Mehta R, Petersen J, Foster GR, Lou L, Martins EB, Dinh P, Lin L, Corsa A, Charuworn P, Subramanian GM, Reiser H, Reesink HW, Fung S, Strasser SI, Trinh H, Buti M, Gaeta GB, Hui AJ, Papatheodoridis G, Flisiak R, Chan HL; Study 149 Investigators. Combination of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Peginterferon α-2a Increases Loss of Hepatitis B Surface Antigen in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis B. Gastroenterology. 2016 Jan;150(1):134-144.e10 Epub 2015 Oct 8.
- Pianko S, Flamm SL, Shiffman ML, Kumar S, Strasser SI, Dore GJ, McNally J, Brainard DM, Han L, Doehle B, Mogalian E, McHutchison JG, Rabinovitz M, Towner WJ, Gane EJ, Stedman CA, Reddy KR, Roberts SK. Sofosbuvir Plus Velpatasvir Combination Therapy for Treatment-Experienced Patients With Genotype 1 or 3 Hepatitis C Virus Infection: A Randomized Trial. Ann Intern Med. 2015 Dec 1;163(11):809-17 Epub 2015 Nov 10.
- Kitzing YX, Ng BH, Kitzing B, Waugh R, Kench JG, Strasser SI, McCormack S. Washout of hepatocellular carcinoma on portal venous phase of multidetector computed tomography in a pre-transplant population. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2015 Dec;59(6):673-80
- Rahman W, Tu T, Budzinska M, Huang P, Belov L, Chrisp JS, Christopherson RI, Warner FJ, Bowden DS, Thompson AJ, Bowen DG, Strasser SI, Koorey D, Sharland AF, Yang JY, McCaughan GW, Shackel NA. Analysis of Post-Liver Transplant Hepatitis C Virus Recurrence Using Serial Cluster of Differentiation Antibody Microarrays. Transplantation. 2015 Sep;99(9):e120-6
- Dore GJ, Lawitz E, Hézode C, Shafran SD, Ramji A, Tatum HA, Taliani G, Tran A, Brunetto MR, Zaltron S, Strasser SI, Weis N, Ghesquiere W, Lee SS, Larrey D, Pol S, Harley H, George J, Fung SK, de Lédinghen V, Hagens P, McPhee F, Hernandez D, Cohen D, Cooney E, Noviello S, Hughes EA. Daclatasvir plus peginterferon and ribavirin is noninferior to peginterferon and ribavirin alone, and reduces the duration of treatment for HCV genotype 2 or 3 infection. Gastroenterology. 2015 Feb;148(2):355-366.e1
- Pulitano C, Joseph D, Sandroussi C, Verran D, Strasser SI, Shackel NA, McCaughan GW, Crawford M. Hepatic artery stenosis after liver transplantation: is endovascular treatment always necessary? Liver Transpl. 2015 Feb;21(2):162-8
- Lepida A, Colombo M, Fernandez I, Abdurakhmanov D, Ferreira PA, Strasser SI, Urbanek P, Mangia A, Calleja JL, Iraqi W, DeMasi R, Lonjon-Domanec I, Moreno C, Wedemeyer H. Final Results of the Telaprevir Access Program: FibroScan Values Predict Safety and Efficacy in Hepatitis C Patients with Advanced Fibrosis or Cirrhosis. PLoS One. 2015 Sep 23;10(9):e0138503
- Wong YC, Tay SS, McCaughan GW, Bowen DG, Bertolino P. Immune outcomes in the liver: Is CD8 T cell fate determined by the environment? J Hepatol. 2015 Oct;63(4):1005-14.
- McCaughan GW, Bertolino P, Bowen DG. Could The Morning After liver transplant be immunologically interesting? Liver Transpl. 2015 Sep;21(9):1120-2
- Bertolino P, Bowen DG. Corrigendum: Malaria and the liver: immunological hide-and-seek or subversion of immunity from within? Front Microbiol. 2015 May 13;6:460.
- Bertolino P, Bowen DG. Malaria and the liver: immunological hide-and-seek or subversion of immunity from within? Front Microbiol. 2015 Feb 18;6:41.
- Patel K, Tillmann HL, Matta B, Sheridan MJ, Gardner SD, Shackel NA, McHutchison JG, Goodman ZD. Longitudinal assessment of hepatitis C fibrosis progression by collagen and smooth muscle actin morphometry in comparison to serum markers. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2016 Feb;43(3):356-63. Epub 2015 Nov 11
- Tu T, Calabro SR, Lee A, Maczurek AE, Budzinska MA, Warner FJ, McLennan SV, Shackel NA. Hepatocytes in liver injury: Victim, bystander, or accomplice in progressive fibrosis? J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015 Dec;30(12):1696-704.
- Williams KH, Vieira De Ribeiro AJ, Prakoso E, Veillard AS, Shackel NA, Brooks B, Bu Y, Cavanagh E, Raleigh J, McLennan SV, McCaughan GW, Keane FM, Zekry A, Gorrell MD, Twigg SM. Circulating dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity correlates with measures of hepatocyte apoptosis and fibrosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in type 2 diabetes mellitus and obesity: A dual cohort cross-sectional study. J Diabetes. 2015 Nov;7(6):809-19.
- Williams KH, Burns K, Constantino M, Shackel NA, Prakoso E, Wong J, Wu T, George J, McCaughan GW, Twigg SM. An association of large-fibre peripheral nerve dysfunction with non-invasive measures of liver fibrosis secondary to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in diabetes. J Diabetes Complications. 2015 Nov-Dec;29(8):1240-7.
- Tu T, Mason WS, Clouston AD, Shackel NA, McCaughan GW, Yeh MM, Schiff ER, Ruszkiewicz AR, Chen JW, Harley HA, Stroeher UH, Jilbert AR. Clonal expansion of hepatocytes with a selective advantage occurs during all stages of chronic hepatitis B virus infection. J Viral Hepat. 2015 Sep;22(9):737-53.
- Tu T, Budzinska MA, Shackel NA, Jilbert AR. Conceptual models for the initiation of hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Int. 2015 Jul;35(7):1786-800.
- De Cruz P, Kamm MA, Hamilton AL, Ritchie KJ, Krejany EO, Gorelik A, Liew D, Prideaux L, Lawrance IC, Andrews JM, Bampton PA, Jakobovits S, Florin TH, Gibson PR, Debinski H, Gearry RB, Macrae FA, Leong RW, Kronborg I, Radford-Smith G, Selby W, Johnston MJ, Woods R, Elliott PR, Bell SJ, Brown SJ, Connell WR, Desmond PV. Efficacy of thiopurines and adalimumab in preventing Crohn's disease recurrence in high-risk patients - a POCER study analysis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Oct;42(7):867-79
- Wright EK, Kamm MA, De Cruz P, Hamilton AL, Ritchie KJ, Krejany EO, Gorelik A, Liew D, Prideaux L, Lawrance IC, Andrews JM, Bampton PA, Sparrow MP, Florin TH, Gibson PR, Debinski H, Gearry RB, Macrae FA, Leong RW, Kronborg I, Radford-Smith G, Selby W, Johnston MJ, Woods R, Elliott PR, Bell SJ, Brown SJ, Connell WR, Desmond PV. Effect of intestinal resection on quality of life in Crohn's disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2015 Jun;9(6):452-62
- Wright EK, Kamm MA, De Cruz P, Hamilton AL, Ritchie KJ, Krejany EO, Leach S, Gorelik A, Liew D, Prideaux L, Lawrance IC, Andrews JM, Bampton PA, Jakobovits SL, Florin TH, Gibson PR, Debinski H, Macrae FA, Samuel D, Kronborg I, Radford-Smith G, Selby W, Johnston MJ, Woods R, Elliott PR, Bell SJ, Brown SJ, Connell WR, Day AS, Desmond PV, Gearry RB. Measurement of fecal calprotectin improves monitoring and detection of recurrence of Crohn's disease after surgery. Gastroenterology. 2015 May;148(5):938-947.e1
- De Cruz P, Kamm MA, Hamilton AL, Ritchie KJ, Krejany EO, Gorelik A, Liew D, Prideaux L, Lawrance IC, Andrews JM, Bampton PA, Gibson PR, Sparrow M, Leong RW, Florin TH, Gearry RB, Radford-Smith G, Macrae FA, Debinski H, Selby W, Kronborg I, Johnston MJ, Woods R, Elliott PR, Bell SJ, Brown SJ, Connell WR, Desmond PV. Crohn's disease management after intestinal resection: a randomised trial. Lancet. 2015 Apr 11;385(9976):1406-17.
- Wong PF, Gall MG, Bachovchin WW, McCaughan GW, Keane FM, Gorrell MD. Neuropeptide Y is a physiological substrate of fibroblast activation protein: Enzyme kinetics in blood plasma and expression of Y2R and Y5R in human liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. Peptides. 2016 Jan;75:80-95 Epub 2015 Nov 24
- Zhang H, Maqsudi S, Rainczuk A, Duffield N, Lawrence J, Keane FM, Justa-Schuch D, Geiss-Friedlander R, Gorrell MD, Stephens AN. Identification of novel dipeptidyl peptidase 9 substrates by two-dimensional differential in-gel electrophoresis. FEBS J. 2015 Oct;282(19):3737-57
- Zhang H, Chen Y, Wadham C, McCaughan GW, Keane FM, Gorrell MD. Dipeptidyl peptidase 9 subcellular localization and a role in cell adhesion involving focal adhesion kinase and paxillin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Feb;1853(2):470-80
- Chen J, Wang W, Qi Y, Kaczorowski D, McCaughan GW, Gamble JR, Don AS, Gao X, Vadas MA, Xia P. Deletion of sphingosine kinase 1 ameliorates hepatic steatosis in diet-induced obese mice: Role of PPARγ. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016 Feb;1861(2):138-47 Epub 2015 Nov 23.
- Na R, Laaksonen MA, Grulich AE, Webster AC, Meagher NS, McCaughan GW, Keogh AM, Vajdic CM. Longitudinal dose and type of immunosuppression in a national cohort of Australian liver, heart, and lung transplant recipients, 1984-2006. Clin Transplant. 2015 Nov;29(11):978-90
- Pulitano C, Rogan C, Sandroussi C, Verran D, McCaughan GW, Waugh R, Crawford M. Percutaneous Retroperitoneal Splenorenal Shunt for Symptomatic Portal Vein Thrombosis After Liver Transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2015 Aug;15(8):2261-4
- Williams KH, Viera de Ribeiro AJ, Prakoso E, Veillard AS, Shackel NA, Bu Y, Brooks B, Cavanagh E, Raleigh J, McLennan SV, McCaughan GW, Bachovchin WW, Keane FM, Zekry A, Twigg SM, Gorrell MD. Lower serum fibroblast activation protein shows promise in the exclusion of clinically significant liver fibrosis due to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in diabetes and obesity. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015 Jun;108(3):466-72.
- Grzelak CA, Sigglekow ND, McCaughan GW. GLI2 as a marker of hedgehog-responsive cells. Hepatology. 2015 May;61(5):1770
- Chandran S, Efthymiou M, Kaffes A, Chen JW, Kwan V, Murray M, Williams D, Nguyen NQ, Tam W, Welch C, Chong A, Gupta S, Devereaux B, Tagkalidis P, Parker F, Vaughan R. Management of pancreatic collections with a novel endoscopically placed fully covered self-expandable metal stent: a national experience (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2015 Jan;81(1):127-35.
- Sierro F, Tay SS, Warren A, Le Couteur DG, McCaughan GW, Bowen DG, Bertolino P. Suicidal emperipolesis: a process leading to cell-in-cell structures, T cell clearance and immune homeostasis. Curr Mol Med. 2015;15(9):819-27
- Pritchard-Jones J, Stevens C, McCaughan G, Strasser S. Feasibility, acceptability and safety of a nurse led hepatitis B clinic based in the community. Collegian. 2015;22(2):233-40.
- Brockhausen J, Tay SS, Grzelak CA, Bertolino P, Bowen DG, d'Avigdor WM, Teoh N, Pok S, Shackel N, Gamble JR, Vadas M, McCaughan GW. miR-181a mediates TGF-β-induced hepatocyte EMT and is dysregulated in cirrhosis and hepatocellular cancer. Liver Int. 2015 Jan;35(1):240-53.
Contact details for department
Head of Department: Professor Geoff McCaughan
Department/Unit: AW Gastroenterology and Liver Centre
Telephone: (02) 9515 8578
Facsimile: (02) 9515 5182