A wide range of treatment and quality of life studies sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry and collaborative and academic groups covering prostate, renal cell carcinoma and other urology cancers, biliary, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, breast and upper gastrointestinal cancers.
Current recruiting trials:
- ENZAMET Randomised phase 3 trial of enzalutamide in first line androgen deprivation therapy for metastatic prostate cancer.
- GSTP1/MIC 1 Prospective Study to Investigate the Ability of the GSTP1 Methylation Assay to Assess Response to Chemotherapy in Patients with Metastatic Hormone-refractory Prostate Cancer/ Phase II Study to Investigate the Ability of Macrophage Inhibitory Cytokine-1 (MIC-1) and Associated Plasma Biomarkers to Predict Response to Chemotherapy in Patients with Metastatic Hormone-refractory Prostate Cancer.
- PROSPER A Mutinational, Phase 3, Randomized,Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Efficacy and Safety Study of Enzalutamide in Patients With Non-metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- BL.12 A multicentre randomised phase II trial comparing Nab-paclitaxel to Paclitaxel in patients with advanced urothelial cancer progressing on or after a platinum containing regimen.
- P3BEP Phase 3 Accelerated BEP Trial: A randomised phase 3 trial of accelerated versus standard BEP chemotherapy for participants with intermediate and poor-risk metastatic germ cell tumours.
- MesomiR 1 A Phase 0 and I study of intravenously administered Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)-targeted, EnGeneIC Delivery Vehicle (EDV)-packaged, miR-16 mimic (TargomiRs) for patients with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma (MPM) and advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) failing on standard therapy.
- P-SCIP Pathways to Smoking Care Implementation Project (P-SCIP) [Smoking Cessation].
- FOCAL A Phase 2, multicenter, randomized double-blind study of ficlatuzumab plus erlotinib versus placebo plus erlotinib in subjects who have previously untreated metastatic, EGFR-mutated non-small cell lung cancer (NCSLC) and BDX004 Poor Label.
- NSCLC GO29436 A Phase III, Open-Label, Randomized Study of MPDL3280A (ANTI-PD-L1 Antibody) in Combination with Carboplatin + Paclitaxel with or without Bevacizumab compared with Carboplatin + Paclitaxel + Bevacizumab in Chemotherapy Naive Patients with Stage IV Non-Squamous, Non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
- OPAL: Online and Phone Assistance for Lung cancer.
- EMBRACA A Phase 3, Open-Label, Randomized, Parallel, 2-Arm, Multi-Center Study of BMN 673 versus Physician's Choice in Germline BRCA Mutation Subjects with Locally Advanced and/or Metastatic Breast Cancer, Who Have Received No More than 2 Prior Chemotherapy Regimens for Metastatic Disease.
- OlympiA A randomised, double-blind, parallel group, placebo-controlled multi-centre Phase III study to assess the efficacy and safety of olaparib versus placebo as adjuvant treatment in patients with germline BRCA1/2 mutations and high risk HER2 negative primary breast cancer who have completed definitive local treatment and neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Phase III, Open-Label, Multicenter, Randomized Study Evaluating the Efficacy And Safety of MPDL3280A (Anti-PD-L1 Antibody) In Combination With Carboplatin + Paclitaxel or MPDL3280A In Combination with Carboplatin + Nab-Paclitaxel Versus Carboplatin + Paclitaxel in Chemotherapy-Naïve Patients with Stage IV Squamous Non- Small Cell Lung Cancer. (GO29437) Evaluating a shared care pathway intervention to reduce chemotherapy outpatients' unplanned presentations to hospital. Improving the care of chemotherapy outpatients.
- Associate Professor Philip Beale: Principal Investigator of biliary, colorectal, pancreatic, breast and upper gastrointestinal cancers trials.
- Professor Martin Stockler: Principal Investigator of prostate, renal cell carcinoma and other uology cancers.
- Associate Professor Janette Vardy: Principal Investigator of lung cancer.
- Dr Prunella Blinman: Principal Investigator of colorectal, pancreatic, lung and upper gastrointestinal cancers trials.
- Dr Annabel Goodwin: Principal Investigator of colorectal and breast including genetic cancers trials.
- Dr Anthony Linton: Co-Investigator of lung cancer.
- Dr Belinda Kiely: Co-Investigator of breast cancer .
Clinical Trials Team:
- Kath Hall: CNC Clinical Trials
- Richard Wykes: CNC
- Cathy Xu: CNS Clinical Trials
- Lili Truong: Data Manager
Contact details for department
Head of Department: A/Professor Philip Beale
Department/Unit: Medical Oncology
Telephone: (02) 9767 7576
Facsimile: (02) 9767 5764