Complementary therapies are provided for patients in the Inpatient Unit:
- Provided by a fully qualified massage therapist who visits the Inpatient Unit twice weekly
- Provides relaxing massages for patients and their carers
- Services are provided within the Inpatient Unit’s dedicated therapy room or in patient rooms
- Empowers patients to make meaningful use of their recreational and leisure time
- Engages patients in a range of activities such as games, movies, puzzles, crafts and vision boards
- Volunteers also help organise day trips for patients and help them record and share their life stories through cards and letters
- Pets provide faithful companionship and unconditional love resulting in reduced anxiety and stress and increased relaxation
- A therapy dog that visits the Inpatient Unit regularly.
- Carers are welcome to bring a beloved family pet into the unit to visit. Please ensure the nursing staff are informed prior to these visits.
We regularly provide music based activities for the therapeutic benefit of patients and their families.
A qualified visual artist visits the unit and works alongside patients to help facilitate their creative journey
- Provides assistance to those patients who may not be able to feed themselves when families are not present
- Our feeding program is run by dedicated and caring volunteers