Balmain Hospital is located at:
29 Booth Street
Balmain NSW 2041
There are several options for transportation to Balmain Hospital including public transport and community transport.
Transport Access Guide
For more information on available transport to Balmain Hospital, please see our Transport Access Guide.
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services Transport Access Guide.
Inner West, Leichhardt-Marrickville and South East Sydney municipalities offer a low cost community bus and/or individual transport services to Balmain Hospital. Contact these services on the numbers below for more details of serviced areas, services and eligibility.
- Inner West Community Transport
- Services the Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay and Strathfield areas.
- Eligible clients can be transported to the Centre for STRONG Medicine program at Balmain Hospital.
- Contact Phone Number: 9642 9999
- Leichhardt Marrickville Community Transport
- Services the Balmain and Birchgrove areas.
- Shuttle to Centre of STRONG Medicine 10am and 1pm Monday and Friday.
- Individual transport for medical services is available.
- The service also organises twice weekly shopping trips and social outings
- Flexible transport for those out of area is available on request (two weeks’ notice required).
- Clients need to be eligible and register to use the service, please contact the service for more information.
- Contact Phone Number: 9558 6800
- South East Sydney Community Transport
- Services the Redfern, Broadway, Woolloomooloo, Sydney City, Botany and Randwick areas.
- Individual transport for medical appointments is available.
- Will transport clients to Balmain Hospital for medical services but do not offer a return service.
- Contact Phone Number: 8241 8000
- Tigerider Bus Service
- Operated by Leichhardt Marrickville Community Transport.
- Operates Tuesdays and Fridays, between Royal Prince Alfred and Balmain Hospitals from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
- This service has fixed pick-up and drop-off points.
- Contact phone number 9558 6800
Travel Information for People with Disability
- If you choose to use public transport, full transport information can be accessed via the NSW Transport website. The ‘Plan Your Trip’ function allows you to specify if wheelchair-accessible services are required.
- NSW Transport has further information regarding accessible travel available on their website, including accessible train stations, travel on accessible buses, accessible ferries and wharves, available concessions and community transport.
- If you choose to drive, Balmain Hospital has four disabled parking spaces available at the front of the Hospital.