Concord Hospital draws on the fantastic support of communities and businesses to raise funds for areas of need across the hospital. Each year, thousands of individuals and organisations give donations, grants and bequests to the hospital for many reasons - in recognition of care they have received, in memoriam or celebration, or in support of particular appeals, departments or areas of medical research. The Fundraising Department at Concord Hospital would be most grateful for your help. Your donations help us to:
- Purchase the most up-to-date equipment
- Conduct research into new and better treatments
- Fund staff positions in frontline patient care and research activities
- Develop special programs and services to support our patients and their families.
Would you like to support Concord Hospital but aren't sure where to start? There are many different and creative ways you can fundraise. It doesn't matter whether you are an individual, group or business, with an interest in the great cause that is benefitting health, your fundraising can be a great success.
As a fundraising organiser, you are making a special contribution that Concord Hospital both greatly appreciates and needs. Events and activities can raise significant funds and make a huge impact on the lives of many. And remember, Concord Hospital can help you along the way. When deciding what to arrange, consider what you would like and what would appeal to your friends and family, like social or sporting events.
It is a great idea to combine more than one activity to fundraise more, or use multiple activities at one event, such as a dinner with a raffle and silent auction, or a fete with a 'guess how many jelly beans in the jar' competition. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Dinner dance, gala ball or cocktail party
- Trivia night
- Concert or music performance
- Talk or lecture from an inspirational leader or expert
- Sporting days - cricket, football, lawn bowls
- Charity golf day
- Fun endurance challenges - a walk, run, swim, bike ride, skipping or triathlon event
- Casual or themed clothes day at your school or workplace
- Board game or chess challenge
- A prize raffle or auction
- Art and craft competition
- Pre-loved fashion sale, garage sale, market stall or homemade goods stall
- Or unique event of your own!
Registering your event or activity
If you plan to raise funds for Concord Hospital, you will need to make sure your event or activity is registered and authorised. Some activities and events may require additional permits or licenses. For more information please refer to Community Fundraising Guidelines and online fundraising form.
How we can help you
The Marketing and Community Relations Department at the hospital can provide useful tips, advice and support for your fundraising event or activity. For example, we can provide tax deductible receipts to donors and much more. For further information, please contact 02 9767 6038.