Volunteering your time is an opportunity to give something back to your community, learn new skills and meet interesting people. Some free time, energy and enthusiasm is all you need to make a difference to our patients. Friends of Concord are a wonderful group of volunteers who give their time selflessly to the Hospital, assisting with a myriad of activities in both patient and non-patient areas.
A major part of our care and service, the Friends of Concord has made significant contribution to the positive experiences of our patients from the front door of the hospital to discharge. Examples of volunteering activities can include:
- Being a patient escort
- Helping to support patients at ward level who may not have family or friends available
- Reading to patients or helping with music therapy
- Providing assistance in the hospital gift shop
- Helping to run raffles
- Coordinating weekly market
- Courtesy cart shuttle service.
Becoming a Friend of Concord
If you would like to join the “Friends of Concord” please complete our Volunteer Application Form. Alternatively, contact our Community Participation Coordinator on 9767 6038. You will need to attend an interview with our team to see if becoming a volunteer is right for you, and if successful, following a criminal record check orientation to the hospital will be provided. Benefits of becoming a Friend of Concord can include:
- Positive mental well being
- Opportunity to meet interesting people
- Invitation to annual luncheon and awards presentation
- Involvement in Concord Hospital’s annual fundraising events.
|Supporting Concord Hospital
Concord Hospital has many dedicated volunteers. Meet Peggy, named Sydney Local Health District's volunteer of the year in 2013.
If you are interested in becoming a Friend of Concord, please contact the Community Participation Coordinator on 9767 6038.