Advance Care Planning
SLHD My Wishes

Where should you keep your documents?

Make sure you keep your original document to show ambulance services if required.
Also, give a copy to:

  1. Your treating doctor / GP
  2. The person who would be speaking on your behalf for health care decisions if you could communicate your wishes (your Person Responsible)
  3. The hospital or service where you receive most of your healthcare, so important decisions can be made quickly.

Sydney Local Health District (SLHD) will accept documents in any format e.g. letters or templates. You can send copies of your documents to the facility where you receive most of you healthcare, or you can ask your health professional to do it for you.  Please note, your document will only be visible for health professionals in relevant SLHD hospital departments when needed. 

The following Advance Care Planning documents are accepted by Sydney Local Health District (SLHD) Medical Records Departments to be scanned into patient files:

Advance Care Directives / Plans

All documents (any format) identified as Advance Care Directives or Advance Care Plans

Records of Advance Care Planning discussions

All formats, such as letters from doctors or My Wishes “Record of Advance Care Planning Discussions”

Enduring Guardian

NSW  Enduring Guardianship documents

NSW Ambulance Authorised Palliative Care Plans

Ambulance Plans authorised by NSW Ambulance

NSW Resuscitation Plans

Certain hospital wards only


Click here for SLHD hospital address to submit your documents.

If you wish your documents to be visible in other Australian States or Local Health Districts, please register for My Health Record