Projects & Publications
- Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) for total knee or hip arthroplasty: Megan White, Nichola Boyle, Paul del Torre, Justin Naylor, Greg Fairbrother, Janice Gullick.
- The experience of lower extremity major amputation in patients with peripheral vascular disease: Sue Monaro, Janice Gullick, Sandra West.
- Nursing Practice in Advanced Liver Disease: Janice Pritchard Jones, Sone Strasser, Carlie Stephens, Lisa Dowdell, Catherine Brannigan , Katherine McQuliian, Geoff McCaughan, Amany Zekry, Sally Spruce, Ling Zhang, Janice Gullick.
- The experience of burn pain and the introduction of validated pain tools in the ICU: Katina Skylas, Sue Taggart, Janice Gullick.
- Caring for carers of people with heart disease: Janice Gullick, Lise Panaretto, Susana Brazete.
- Perceptions of physical health and well-being in young people with mental illness who take psychotropic medication: Andrea McCloughen, Kim Foster, Cynthia Delado,, david kerley, David Mui, Nikka Marabong.
- Improving care for patients with transient amnesia with challenging behaviours: Kylie Tatsula, Mary Lordan, Amy Lim, Cynthia Delgado.
- Evaluation of a PND therapy group at Tresillian: Margaret Booker, Greg Fairbrother, Cathrine Fowler.
- Pathways to residential services: a qualitative study exploring the experiences of women with children under 6 months of age: Holly Pridis.
- Creating Better Futures: Nick Hopwood.
- Does parental sensitivity to infant cues relate to maternal responsiveness in feeding, behaviour and infant weight? Georgie Russell.
- Promoting person-centered practice within children's hospital services through the use of key performance indicators: Val Wilson, Cathrine Fowler.
- Psychological Birth Trauma: Women's experiences of PTSD following childbirth: Madeleine Simpson.
- Family based interventions for a smoke-free home: Nicola Brown.
- How is the working alliance affected by the attachment state of mind of a mother and the child and family health nurse assigned to her care? Fran Chavasse, Cathrine Fowler, Angela Dawson.
- Exercise testing in the postpartum period: Maryam Saligheh.
- Vitamin D in pregnancy: exploring the link with gestational diabetes : Kate Griew, Rosalie Nunn, Shailja Tewari.
- Midwifery Group Practice Outcomes: Catherine Dunphy, Kate Griew, Greg Fairbrother.
- Characteristics, trends, co-admissions and service needs of women admitted to residential parenting services: Hannah Dahlan.
- Understanding nurse engagement with falls risk assessment and prevention strategies: Paul Francisco, Janice Gullick.
- Enhancing consumer engagement in genomics research: Ann Azziz, Janice Gullick.
- Heart and Mind: A Closer Look at Mild to Moderate Cognitive Impairment in Acute Coronary Syndrome Survivors: Anna Woolaston.
- Sankalpa: Staff compassion and wellness: Nickolas Yu.
- Consumer experiences of care in acute inpatient mental health units: Sophie Isobel, Tim Wand, Clair Edwards.
- Collaborative and safe communications training for nurses as part of trauma informed care: Sophie Isobel Cynthia Delgado Etienne Kitto.
- A brief survey of mental health patients' experiences of nursing interventions to promote smoking cessation within acute mental health units in Sydney Local Health District: Shirley Hamilton, Sophie Isobel, Clair Edwards.
- Risk factors for CHD among Chinese immigrants and the influence of culture on primary and secondary prevention: Kai Jin, Melody Ding, Lis Neubeck, Tebbin Koo, Lise Panaretto, Susana Brazete, Janice Gullick.
- Promoting person-centered practice within children's hospital services through the use of key performance indicators: Val Wilson, Cathrine Fowler, Fran Chavasse, Leanne Daggar, Nicola Brown, Jeanette Smit.
- Does parental sensitivity to infant cues relate to maternal responsiveness in feeding, behaviour and infant weight? Georgie Russell, Cathrine Fowler, Elizabeth Denney-Wilson, Fran Chavasse, Jessica Appleton.
- Six month follow-up survey of young people and their parents/carers regarding their experiences post discharge from Rivendell Adolescent Mental Health Unit: Janine Mottee, Jeff Wood, Louise Trembath.
- Evaluation of a PND therapy group at Tresillian: Greg Fairbrother.
- Renal Transplantation and the incidence of polyoma BK virus infection post-transplant: Lorraine Garry, J. Eris, K. Wyburn, S. Chadban.
- Consumer experiences of nursing collaborative care planning in acute mental health units: Rebecca Reid, Sophie Isobel.
- Primary carer experiences of inpatient mental health care: Sophie Isobel.
- Evaluation of Baby Buddy Australia mobile app on positive behaviour changes in pregnant women from vulnerable populations: Loretta Musgrave, Adrienne Gordon.
Is your research project missing? Send your project name and team members to firstname.lastname@example.org
The SCHoLAR project:
- The experience of difficult venous access (DVA) for patients with liver disease: Sinead Sheils, Sue Mason Janice Gullick, Greg Fairbrother.
- The experience of a complex wound & evaluation of a complex wound clinic: Sue Monaro, Natalie Ko, Jana Pinkova, Nicole Stromsmoe, Janice Gullick, Greg Fairbrother.
- The family experience of a traumatic suicide attempt: Ebon Smith, Liz leonard, Jameela Truman, Janice Gullick, Greg Fairbrother.
- The Experience of pregnancy with a stoma: Ian Whitely, Janice Gullick.
- The use of bilingual nurses as non-accredited interpreters in the Emergency Department: Heesun Chang.
For more information regarding the SCHoLAR Project contact Greg.Fairbrother@sswahs.nsw.gov.au.
To download a comprehensive list of our Nursing & Midwifery Publications, click on the Pdf images below: