- Outcomes based research in Transplantation surgery
- Application of evidence-based approaches to HPB and transplantation surgery through systematic review, meta-analysis and decision analysis
- Pancreas transplantation
- Molecular biology and experimental microsurgery
- The BEST-Fluids Study: Better Evidence for Selecting Transplant Fluids. AI on this multi-centre RCT aiming to determine the most appropriate fluid for administration to transplant recipients. In collaboration with Professor Steve Chadban of RPA and A/Prof Laurence Weinberg of University of Melbourne.
- DRAINS in Kidney Transplantation: CI on this RCT being planned between RPA and Westmead Hospitals. In collaboration with Professor Henry Pleass from Westmead and University of Sydney.
- Associate Professor Jerome Laurence: Acting Head of Renal Transplantation.
- Dr Carolo Pulitano: Research Associate.
- Dr Alexandra Sharland: A/Professor Bosch Institute.
- Dr Chuanmin Wang: Post-doctoral Research Fellow
Publications and Presentations
- Dhital, K., Pleass, H. (2016). Donation after circulatory death for liver transplantation: A meta-analysis on the location of life support withdrawal affecting outcomes. Transplantation, 100(7), 1513-1524.
- Laurence, J., Cattral, M. (2016). Techniques of pancreas graft salvage/indications for allograft pancreatectomy. Current Opinion in Organ Transplantation, 21(4), 405-411.
- Laurence, J., Barbas, A., Sapisochín, G., Marquez, M., Bazerbachi, F., Selzner, M., Norgate, A., McGilvray, I., Schiff, J., Ross, H., et al (2016). The significance of pre-operative coronary interventions on outcome after pancreas transplantation. Clinical Transplantation, 30(3), 233-240.
- Hameed, A., Yu, T., Yuen, L., Lam, V., Ryan, B., Allen, R., Laurence, J., Hawthorne, W., Pleass, H. (2016). Use of the Harmonic Scalpel in Cold Phase Recovery of the Pancreas for Transplantation: The Westmead Technique. Transplant International, 29(5), 636-638.
Contact details for department
Head of Department: Dr Michael Crawford
Telephone: (02) 9515 5416
Facsimile: (02) 9515 3606