The Youth Team is committed to enhancing health and development outcomes for young people aged 12-24 through clinical services and projects; staff education and training; policy and procedural consultancy; youth advocacy; and clinical research.
What can we do for young people and staff?
- Provide advocacy, support and liaison for young people and their families.
- Conduct psychosocial health risk assessments enabling appropriate referral, follow-up and support.
- Facilitate peer support networks
- Provide resources and education on youth health and development to staff, clients and families.
- Occupational Therapist provides self management assessment, goal setting, self esteem building, stress management and energy conversation.
- Clinical Nurse Consultant provides support, education and advocacy to young people
- Provide leisure activities, games and resources on the ward and in our "Youth Chill"