VET Student Loans
Students enrolled in the Diploma of Nursing study full time. So that students in this program are able to access Centrelink benefits, where needed, NSW Health RTO is a VET Student Loans Provider.
Student Entry and Academic Suitability
All applicants for VET Student Loans will be required to meet the following Student Entry and Academic Suitability:
- Participate in an interview with the Program Coordinator
- Provide details of their academic achievements to ensure that they are academically suited for entry into a course
- Undergo an approved VSL Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test.
During the interview, the program coordinator will:
- Discuss student’s interests, career goals, academic achievements and work experiences.
- Obtain details including copies of the student’s academic achievements to ensure that they are academically suited to a course. These may include:
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded to the student by an agency or authority of a State or Territory for the student’s completion of year 12 (Certificate of Completion of Year 12 from school); or
- An Australian Qualification Framework certificate at a level IV or above, or
- The student is assessed as displaying competence at or above level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy using an assessment tool approved under section 82; and the Program Coordinator reasonably believes that the student displays that competence.
- For more information about VET Student Loans read the VET Student Loans information booklet
NSW Health RTO will not collect fees of more than $1,500 at any one time.
NSW Health RTO has fee protection arrangements in place. These arrangements ensure that if the RTO is unable to provide the services for which students have prepaid, the RTO will:
- Place its students into an equivalent course and at a location suitable to them, and ensures the students receive the full services for which they have prepaid at no additional cost; or
- Refund the students any prepaid fees for services yet to be delivered.