Bigger, faster & better: enabling the next era of translational medical research
With new sources of Federal Government funding now available, medical research will come under growing pressure to demonstrate its practical value to health.
Will big data, better clinical trials and bold advances in research technology platforms result in better returns on investment - both in terms of public health and the economy?
How can barrier-crossing networks like Sydney Health Partners help enable more effective and frequent translation of research evidence into clinical practice?
Professor Kathryn North AM
Director of the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
Co-Deputy Chair, National Genomics Future Mission
Chair of NHMRC’s Research Committee
Peter Wills AC
Chair, Biomedical Translation Fund Committee
Innovation and Science Australia
1. The science of implementing change in a clinical setting
2. Improving the process of ethics and governance
3. Achieving better consumer and community involvement
4. Building capacity and recruitment for clinical trials
5. Harmonising and sharing data between districts and institutes
Lorimer Dods Theatre, Childrens Hospital Westmead, Sydney
1.30-5:00pm, 29 August 2018 (registration from 1pm)
Followed by networking drinks until 6:30 pm
Free registration HERE by 17 August 2018