Sydney Research Awards and Scholarship Program 2018
The Sydney Research Awards and Scholarships Program is designed to celebrate and encourage research excellence across our partnership. The Awards and Scholarships are presented at the annual Sydney Innovation and Research Symposium.
The 2018 Awards and Scholarships will be presented at the Symposium on Friday 22 June 2018.
The Sydney Research awards are presented to encourage and reward research excellence at all levels across the partnership.
Applications are accepted for the following award categories:
- Research Excellence Award: Overall best publication in a high impact journal in the previous twelve months.
- Young Researcher Award: Outstanding performance as an Early Career Researcher (up to five years post PhD).
- Supervisor Award: Outstanding effort as a postgraduate research supervisor.
- The Annual Health Research Infrastructure Award is a $10,000 one off, early researcher basic science award, recognising an individual with high research potential undertaking basic science research in the health and medical field. Funds are awarded to assist with the purchase, installation, maintenance and hire or lease of equipment associated with the research project.
Sydney Research Scholarships provide up to $40,000 per year for up to three years to cover staffing costs, to provide protected research time. These are the:
- Clinician Researcher Scholarship, designed to encourage and support clinicians seeking to pursue a clinical research career;
- Health Informatics Research Scholarship, which aims to encourage research into how clinicians, academics and researchers can work with health information and communication technology to improve delivery of care and outcomes for patients.
Applications for 2018 have closed.
For more information on the Sydney Innovation and Research Symposium