Research Impact and Commercialisation Series
The STRIVE Research Impact and Commercialisation Series by Sydney Research is a series of workshops promoting the understanding of the research investment and commercialisation process. It will help you understand core concepts and develop the skills and knowledge that you need to take your research to the next level along the commercialisation pathway and attract long-term, recurring funding for your work with government, community, and industry partners.
At each session you will hear from leaders with years of experience in research, industry engagement, intellectual property, research and development, innovation management, commercialisation and more. You will also have the chance to network with your peers and foster relationships with likeminded innovators and world-class research leaders.
The STRIVE series in 2019 will support The Big Idea, an innovation challenge, as part the 2019 Sydney Innovation and Research Symposium. To learn more about The Big Idea and how to apply, click here
Who should attend?
This series should be attended by researchers, healthcare workers, scientists and students with an interest in deepening their relationships with industry for research and development funding and research commercialisation, or have an idea or research project that could be transformed into a commercial prospect with patient impact.
Attendees to the series will:
- Understand the commercialisation pathway
- Recognise the potential impact of their research through working with partners
- Appreciate the pro-active requirements of the process
- Improve their commercialisation skills, including engagement and obtaining funding
First Workshop: So you’ve got an idea
Date: Tuesday 26 March 2019
Time: 2:00 – 4:00pm
Venue: Scot Skirving Lecture Theatre, Kerry Packer Education Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Rd, Camperdown NSW 2050
Discussion: Does your idea have what it takes to be the next ‘big thing’ in health? Find out how experts test the potential of your idea
- Insights into the success factors for research commercialisation
- Includes assessing the potential of an idea, market need, intellectual property and scalability
Second Workshop: Funding your idea
Date: Tuesday 30 April 2019
Time: 2:00 – 4:00pm
Venue: Auditorium, Kerry Packer Education Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Rd, Camperdown NSW 2050
Discussion: How can you get the financial support to help your idea take off? Find out how to pitch your idea for success
- Funding sources for new ideas and forming competitive proposals
- Introduction to grants, partnerships, venture capital and fundraising
To RSVP or to find out more information, please email SLHD-SydneyResearch@health.nsw.gov.au