Access to Databases/Medical Records
If a researcher wishes to access a database and/or paper files for research purposes they need to obtain the signature of the relevant Head of Department on the SSA.
This person is:
Mr Purshotman Govender (aka Vino)
A/ Manager, Patient Information Services | Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
Patient Information Services Department | RPA
Level 4, Building 89, Missenden Road, Camperdown NSW 2050
Ph: 02 9515 8573 | Fax: 02 9395 2186 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After site authorisation and before they wish to access the records they must:
• Produce the Ethics approval letter/site authorisation letter
• The entire list of records on a excel spread sheet ( Patients’ – MRN , Name & Surname , particular episode – if necessary)
• State whether all volumes required.
• Minimum 1-2 weeks noticed required prior to viewing the records
• Records will kept for a period of 2 weeks on a shelf before being removed unless notified to be kept for a longer period
• If records are removed after 2 weeks then the researcher must submit request again.
• A cost of $15 per record will be incurred for every record that is requested from the Off – site