Renal Medicine is active in basic and clinical research in kidney disease. We are based in RPA Hospital Kidney Centre, RPA Hospital Kidney Transplantation Services, and in The Kidney Node, Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney.
Our key areas of interest include epidemiology of diabetic kidney disease, outcomes for kidney transplant recipients, clinical trials in kidney transplantation, hypertension in pregnancy and basic science of kidney disease with focus on interactions between the microbiota, innate and adaptive immune systems in mediating kidney disease.
1. Tedesco-Silva H, Pascual J, Viklicky O, Basic-Jukic N, Cassuto E, Kim DY, Cruzado JM, Sommerer C, Adel Bakr M, Garcia VD, Uyen HD, Russ G, Soo Kim M, Kuypers D, Buchler M, Citterio F, Hernandez Gutierrez MP, Bernhardt P, Chadban S; TRANSFORM Investigators. Safety of Everolimus With Reduced Calcineurin Inhibitor Exposure in De Novo Kidney Transplants: An Analysis From the Randomized TRANSFORM Study. Transplantation. 2019 Feb 19.
2. Ma J, Li YJ, Chen X, Kwan T, Chadban SJ, Wu H. Interleukin 17A promotes diabetic kidney injury. Sci Rep. 2019 Feb 19;9(1):2264.
3. White SL, Rawlinson W, Boan P, Sheppeard V, Wong G, Waller K, Opdam H, Kaldor. J, Fink M, Verran D, Webster A, Wyburn K, Grayson L, Glanville A, Cross N, Irish. A, Coates T, Griffin A, Snell G, Alexander SI, Campbell S, Chadban S, Macdonald. P, Manley P, Mehakovic E, Ramachandran V, Mitchell A, Ison M. Infectious Disease. Transmission in Solid Organ Transplantation: Donor Evaluation, Recipient Risk,and Outcomes of Transmission. Transplant Direct. 2018 Dec 20;5(1):e416.
4. Chang AR, Grams ME, Ballew SH, Bilo H, Correa A, Evans M, Gutierrez OM, Hosseinpanah F, Iseki K, Kenealy T, Klein B, Kronenberg F, Lee BJ, Li Y, Miura K, Navaneethan SD, Roderick PJ, Valdivielso JM, Visseren FLJ, Zhang L, Gansevoort RT, Hallan SI, Levey AS, Matsushita K, Shalev V, Woodward M; CKD Prognosis Consortium (CKD-PC). Adiposity and risk of decline in glomerular filtration rate: meta-analysis of individual participant data in a global consortium. BMJ. 2019 Jan 10;364:k5301.
5. Koye DN, Magliano DJ, Reid CM, Pavkov ME, Chadban SJ, McDonald SP, Polkinghorne KR, White S, Paul C, Shaw JE. Trends in Incidence of ESKD in People With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in Australia, 2002-2013. Am J Kidney Dis. 2019 Mar;73(3):300-308.
6. Sacre JW, Magliano DJ, Zimmet PZ, Polkinghorne KR, Chadban SJ, Anstey KJ, Shaw JE. Associations of Chronic Kidney Disease Markers with Cognitive Function: A 12-Year Follow-Up Study. J Alzheimers Dis. 2018 Oct 25.
7. Ying T, Wong G, Lim WH, Clayton P, Kanellis J, Pilmore H, Campbell S, O'Connell PJ, Russ G, Chadban S. Everolimus and Long-term Clinical Outcomes in Kidney Transplant Recipients: A Registry-based 10-year Follow-up of Five Randomized Trials. Transplantation. 2018 Oct 26.
8. Tangirala N, Singer J, Snelling P, Wyburn K, Chadban S, Aouad L, Gracey DM. Emphysematous pyelonpehritis in a dual kidney transplant recipient. Nephrology (Carlton). 2018 Nov;23(11):1064-1065.
9. Yeung J, Vaughan E, Chadban S, Saunders J, Thiagarajah N, Brown C. High-dose intravenous methotrexate with high-flux, extended-hours haemodialysis in treatment of primary central nervous system